Thursday, May 25, 2017

Watch the Birdie

I love it when you share your finished projects with me - made from one of my patterns. I try to include them in the 'Good Migrations' newsletter when I have them at the very bottom. But that means, sometimes, you have to scroll and scroll to see them!  And they don't always make it across to the blog post.

This week, I figured I’d try something a little different. Your projects ARE the post. Please keep sending photographs when you finish something from one of my books or patterns. My virtual assistant Tracy (she lives in Wisconsin, I live in Syracuse) keeps them organized for me. You can send photos here.

For example, Anne sent me a photo of her version of the bonus pattern from The Splendid Sampler block, "The Early Bird." When the block was first released as part of the original sew-along in December, I offered a bonus wall-hanging pattern. And here is Anne’s version of the wall-hanging. I just love it. And with all the robins now bobbing around in my backyard, it’s so timely! Just makes me smile.


Turns out the traditionally-pieced version of "The Early Bird" pattern didn’t quite fit in The Splendid Sampler book, so a paper-pieced version was used instead. If you’re not a paper-piecing fan (like me!) the original traditionally-pieced version of the pattern, as well as the bonus wall-hanging, is available here. I hope you try it out!

Anne, thanks for sharing! 


One of the coolest things about scrap quilt projects is that everyone has different scraps so everyone’s project made from the same pattern will be different! And you never know where you might find some inspiration . .

Chopped can be scrappy or can be made from a collection of fat quarters. Either way, it’s such a fun quilt, and much easier to make than you might think! It’s a stunner. Julie Ann’s version has a couple of ribbons! (Wow! Congratulations!!) I just love the way she created a diagonal pattern from each of the Kaffe Fassett prints she used. Love it! Thank so much for sharing!




As for me, I’m still putzing along with this project featuring some wonderful hummingbird prints. Some pretty standard stuff here, with a unique twist. I’m not quite ready to share yet, but maybe in a couple weeks I’ll have a pattern for you. Kits too. Something small and fun for summer. . .



Have any pictures of your Hummingbird Highway or ScrapThearpy projects, send them along. I'd love to see them! And share them, too!

Happy Stitching!

Joan Ford
 

No comments:

Post a Comment