Thursday, November 17, 2016

Keystone Corner

Last week, I traveled to Chambersburg, Pennsylvania and the Chambersburg Quilt Guild.

For mid November, the weather was remarkably warm and sunny, making for a lovely drive to and from the guild from my home in central New York.

Chambersburg is very close to Gettysburg, a place of historic significance from America's Civil War. While Chambersburg is well away from the Gettysburg battlefield, it did not escape the battle unscathed. With the exception of a few buildings, the entire town was burned during Lee's retreat.

No sign of any discord amongst the guild members! We got busy on our task. The first workshop was Bloomin Steps from the book ScrapTherapy, Cut the Scraps.



And the second workshop focused on the Warm Memories quilt project from When Bad Things Happen to Good Quilters. This project really takes everything you know about making a T-shirt quilt and turns it on its ear. These ladies are boldly slicing into their T-shirts for their quilts.




Chris arrived at the T-shirt workshop with her version of Scrappy Trails from ScrapTherapy, Cut the Scraps! Lovely!




It goes without saying, when quilting is involved it's just going to be a good time! I can't speak for everyone, but I can say that I had a great time spending some quality sewing time with some folks from a small corner of the Keystone State! And I certainly can't wrap up my conversation about my visit to Chambersburg without a shout-out to my hosts! Between the workshop and the guild meeting I was treated to a yummy ham sandwich from Jim's Farmers Market - oh my goodness! What a treat!

Upon my arrival back home, I got back to work on my Splendid Sampler quilt. My quilt top has been done for a while, and I'm now in the quilting phase. One block done, 99 to go!




Speaking of The Splendid Sampler, have you seen the cover yet? You can actually pre-order the book full of all 100 patterns here! My block will be released on December 1.
 

Happy Stitching!
Joan Ford

1 comment: