Thursday, October 6, 2016

Mail Call!

Larry the Mail Guy (his name really is Larry), along with Fred the FedEx Guy (I don't know if Fred is really his name, but it might be!) have been delivering some sweet treats to my door.

No, not sweet as in edible, but 'sweet' as in super cool!

Just before I left for Ottawa on Saturday, I received a package from my friends at Free Spirit Fabrics. I'm going to be doing some demonstrations in The Taunton Press booth at Quilt Market (Stop by Booth 655 if you will be attending the trade show in Houston). The new book is all about the 9-patch, scrappy 9-patches, of course, and you just know there are going to be some pretty slick techniques involved, right?

Aren't these luscious?



Then, I received this sample kit from Stitchin Heaven Travel. These are the kits for our January sail to the Eastern Caribbean. If you're coming on the cruise (lucky you!) and if you order the Sail and Sew Kits, this is what will be waiting for you on board. Love, love, LOVE the cut-and-ready-to-sew fabrics in this kit! - the colors and the sweet tulips on the focus print are yummy beyond words! Order early and often because kit quantities are limited. . . .And if you haven't made your cruise reservation yet. . . well, what exactly are you waiting for??



And the best for last . . . my good friends at The Taunton Press sent me the first draft of the complete manuscript for the next book! Yay-yay-yay! Lots of number crunching and cross-checking for me in the days ahead, but it finally feels like there is really a book out there on the horizon. Don't get too excited yet (okay, you can get excited), but we're still a long way off from having a book in your hands (Spring 2017 is the target shelf date). No sneaky peeks . . . yet. Stay tuned, though because you never know when those sneaky peeks will slip out! (That's what makes them sneaky!)



Okay, enough drooling. I've got some work to do!

Happy Stitching!

Joan Ford

No comments:

Post a Comment