Thursday, February 18, 2016

Not-so-Hot 'Lanta!

I left my home base in Syracuse, NY on Tuesday, headed southward to Altanta for a two day business event. Atlanta has been unseasonably cool, but not quite so cool as other parts of the country where the temperatures have been bone-chilling! I guess I picked a good time to head out of the northeast!

Before moving on to the trunks shows and workshops at We're Sew Creative in Concord, NC, Wish Upon A Quilt in Raleigh, NC, then the Tarheels Quilters Guild in Fayetteville, NC, I stopped at A Scarlet Thread on Monday morning in McDonough, GA, just south of Atlanta, for a book-signing and some demos during their shop hop.

This looks like I'm in the right place.



Okay. One step inside, and the display says it all, bright and welcoming! They were definitely expecting me!



The shop is fabulous! Excellent merchandising, miles and miles of beautiful fabrics and finished samples. I loved the fat quarter racks. No messy folded fat quarters in bins. Very easy to pick a few to come home with me. (Which I did!)



Here's a quick selfie with Karen, shop owner. Everyone was so helpful. I even got a quick  lesson on how to speak 'Southern.' I will never ask for hottamahled (hot or mild) salsa the same way again! It was a delightful stop during my brief stay in Atlanta. I'll definitely be visiting again, next time I'm in the neighborhood!




On to North Carolina! See you there?

Happy Stitching!

joan ford

1 comment: