Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Turkey Day

When I got married 10 years ago, I inherited a new-to-me Thanksgiving tradition. My husband's family gets together and does the usual - eat, gab, watch football, and repeat! This isn't just a few immediate relatives - this includes ALL of my husband's family, aunts, uncles, cousins, and all their kids, pretty much. Before too long, three generations will become four, and there will be even more hungry relatives at the annual gathering. I grew up with a much smaller immediate family Thanksgiving meal and celebration.

With all the guests at the feast, and with most of the food elements covered, I often struggle with what to bring to add to the meal.

To save the day, about two miles down the road from my house, a new cookie bakery recently opened, called ICJ cookies. ICJ stands for Italian Cookie Jar, and boy-O-boy are the cookies yummy!

Okay, I know Thanksgiving is all about that 'family thing' - and the pies - not to worry. The pies will be well-accounted for. But who can resist a yummy Italian delight?



There is always room in the tummy for just one cookie! Or two. . .

And the best part is I didn't dirty one dish or bowl in the process!

I'm making a small turkey with most of the fixin's on Friday, so Dave and I can have some leftovers!

Maybe I should get another tray of cookies just for us too!

Happy Thanksgiving!
Joan

2 comments:

  1. Love those cookies! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joan - I guess I've been slaking on blog visits. I need to catch up. Yes, those look like some pretty special cookies all right, as long as the pies were covered. So, that means your turkey is in today! Yum, enjoy the leftovers too.

    ReplyDelete